Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

November 13, 2015

France Killings : No Surprise to God

I pray very early in my day. Usually between 4:00 am - 6:00 am (MT in North America). When I'm not praying for myself (which is at least 75 % of the time), I'm praying for people I know. People I have contact with. But this morning my prayers seemed to be all over the place.

I started by praying for those I know who are suffering and deeply grieving. Mentioning each by name.
Then my prayers turned to these things, (seemingly jumping randomly from topic to topic):

* People everywhere who are grieving. Thinking about what a horrible thing grief is.

* For the relief of a world so filled with hate and fear.

* All the turmoil in Israel.

* For the Prime Minister of Canada. (I rarely pray for politicians) But I was thinking how troubled the world is now. Even more so then when his father was our Prime Minister. And that Justin Trudeau is himself no stranger to grief.

* For the people who read this blog.
    -That you would each have a good day & feel Jesus near
    -Wondering if the new Shout box would be adequate and if it would motivate you to talk with each other.
    - this blog should be translated into other languages. Especially French & Russian. French, because Canada is Bi-lingual and I should acknowledge that and Russian because I get a lot of "traffic" from Russia (although I don't know why). 

* This Bible verse jumped into my mind:  "No weapon forged against you will prosper." 

* That today is "Friday the 13th".  

That's when I suddenly thought, "Wait! Hold up! What's does that have to do with anything? That's just an ignorant superstition. Friday the 13th means nothing  to God."

Even though it means nothing to God, I felt He was telling me that Satan would be using that "superstition" to spread some extra fear today. Just as he uses Halloween for some extra "mischief".

* I prayed for any and all who might fall prey to Satan's schemes today.
* I prayed for those who would be watching the "Friday the 13th" Horror movies tonight because of today's date.

My prayers jumped around until I opened my Bible to Revelation, chapter 4.
That Scripture speaks about the "Throne of Heaven". What it looks like, what happens there, Who sits there, who is around it, who worships there, what they say.


Early this morning my prayers seemed strange & disjointed. But now, 16 hours later, after I see what this day has brought, to Paris, to our Prime Minister, to the world, to me,  I see they are not disjointed at all.  

Even the post I wrote a few days ago where I used several "OMNI" words as I spoke of God's character: 

Omniscient
Omnipresent
Omnipotent

These things are shown to be very relevant as a "state of Emergency" is declared in France, and Parisians are told to stay in their homes. Probably with their doors tightly locked. When more than 100 families will have to face their own grief. When politicians around the world will have to discover the truth and decide on a response.
As the rest of us ask the questions:
Will there ever be peace on the earth? Where can I go to truly be safe? Will I always live with fear?


Jesus came to us as a baby in a stable, but angels appeared to several people to herald His coming.

To the father of John the Baptist: "Do not be afraid Zechariah. Your prayer has been heard"   (Luke 1:13)

To Mary: "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God."   (Luke 1:30)

To Joseph: "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife."   (Matthew 1:20)

To Shepherds in a field near Bethlehem: "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you."   
  (Luke 2:10-11)

To King David: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;"  
  (Psalm 23:4)

To me, in the inner cover of my first Bible, at 9 years old:
"Perfect love casts out fear."    (1 John 4:18)

To me today (40 years later!):
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will help you with my righteous right hand."    (Isaiah 41:10)


I'm not more holy or special to God than anyone else. Neither are those people in the Bible. So what is Jesus saying to you right now? Have you asked Him to speak to you? Have you stopped to listen for His voice?


ALL Places
ALL Knowing
ALL Powerful

ALL Loving


My prayers are with you France and to all who have felt fear this day.

 ~~ Love Laura-Lee 


Former Post "Our Word of the Day is OMNI"