Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

November 10, 2015

Remembrance Day: Poppy, Poem, Silence, & Savior



IN FLANDERS FIELDS
~ by John McCrae

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

(May 1915 )


So many people gave their entire lives to fight for what they truly believed and won the "freedom" we now stand on.
Please honor them with 60 seconds of silence - even if you're the only person in the room to do it.
(November 11th @ 11:00 am)



Love Laura-Lee




One year I was working as a waitress in a busy little coffee shop on Remembrance Day. It was coffee break time so it was super busy at 11:00 am. Lots of noise, people talking & laughing loudly, asking for things, scolding children, but  the radio was playing, so I noticed when it turned 11:00 am. Nobody stopped what they were doing but I stopped wiping off a table to close my eyes and observe the minute of silence, Gradually the room got quiet and when I opened my eyes again, just 60 seconds later the room was completely silent, even to the smallest child. Some heads were bowed but almost every one was watching me. I was such a shy person that my face turned beet-red and I rushed away. But Friends, don't ever be afraid to do what you believe is right, even if nobody else is. Sometimes it just takes one short, shy, silent person to  start the ball rolling.
  
 REMEMBRANCE DAY: Poppy Hint 
(How-to keep your Poppy from Falling Off Your Coat)

HEY! Just noticed somebody gave me a Thumbs Down "Unlike" click at YouTube. [sigh] 

Look below for the LINKs to my "How-to" keep your poppy from falling off your coat video & 
my "These Bones" Music Video (which you may wish to watch again for Remembrance Day)