Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

February 27, 2021

Shaken But Not Stirred

 

Martyn Iles and fellow Christian Millennials 
take on the hard topics with
The TRUTH of It


This is a bit of an odd post this week. I have been watching several video talks on YouTube by Martyn Iles from the Australian Christian Lobby in order to be more "up" on what's going on in the world. They are not very emotional and take the world's issues on in a very reasonable and methodical way. Yet they have evoked a very deep impact on me and the course I plan to take. I wrote them an email and share it here with you.


God only knows ...

... what this 50-something, disabled, politics-loathing, Christian, Canadian, spinster is doing binge watching a bunch ACL videos, but I am forming an answer to that for myself too.

It started simply as a Youtube recommendation for one of your videos about an Australian politician I'd never heard of, to throwing myself on the mercy of Almighty God yet again.

Martyn was discussing the large number of late-term aborted babies who had survived and been left to die while suffering without medical treatment and the moral dilemma it was causing. That problem was cleverly "solved" in Canada years ago by allowing only suction abortions. If you suck a baby out of the womb piece by small piece then none of them ever survive to suffer.

Also "disgust" with the shock of suddenly discovering an elected official has a huge LGBTQ agenda. But if a politician proudly marches down the street in Gay Pride parades BEFORE they are elected and is VOTED in as the LEADER of your entire country then there should be no surprise.


I am recovering from a lengthy illness that left me disconnected from society (and the internet) for many months, so I've been doing some major catching up on what's going on in the world and in the church, only to discover the things that other western countries are just NOW freaking out about are the things Canada has been quietly and covertly doing for years as the Church watched on. Or more accurately put, as the church slept on. I could say it's all the other Canadian Christians, but that's what THEY are probably all saying too and I'm sure is a large part of how we got to where we are now.


 Personally, two main things that have held me back from speaking up is the idea that the things I know are self-evident, so I take them for granted as a "given", like what is a man and what is a woman. Also, the belief that young people don't care to hear my opinion about such things. But Jesus has told me point blank, and Martyn has confirmed, these are lies. I am called to speak the truth in love in season and out of season and leave the reactions of others to the Holy Spirit.


So I head to my little blogs, to my Zoom meetings, my neighbors and family members, (who are also currently locked up in their homes waiting to "volunteer" to get the vaccination), to tell the Beautiful Story once again. That wonderful plan of salvation and that abundant life is found only in Christ. And to tell it as only I uniquely can.


My thanks to you for the information, confirmation, inspiration, and the kick in the butt as ONLY Australians can uniquely do. 


Sincerely, Laura-Lee




And so, my faithful blog readers, I hope you will be inspired to speak up too.


But always remember to do it with love and making sure you always take time to REST and be ALONE WITH JESUS.


Speaking the truth, with love,

Always, Laura-Lee 🙋🏻‍♀️✝


LINK Australian Christian Lobby


LINK The Truth of It - ACL Youtube Channel