Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

February 18, 2021

I Am Overcome ...

 

 ... WITH SHAME!




I have been scouring the world news sites, especially those from a Christian and/or Conservative POV, and have discovered a truth I didn't expect. 

During this past year as the governments and world leaders are setting up in readiness for the anti-Christ, the atrocities and evil that are shocking the average citizen are things Canada has been doing for years and years already. I've been puzzling why so few people know that Jesus is returning soon and that even fewer care. It's because we have been asleep and ignoring our Bibles and prayers for so long and are unwilling to change now.

 I'm so ashamed of where Canada is and I DO include myself. How many of us have a Prayer Closet? How much time each day have we committed to being alone with Jesus just listening to Him? How many of us obey the Lord no matter what He asks of us? 

Yeah. That's what I thought. None of us even want to ask ourselves these questions, let alone answer them. How many of you are about to bounce away from this blog post?




When I consider the inroads against the family, against the sanctity of human life, against the unborn, then contemplate the advances of the LGBT and pro-choice movements, especially within the Church, how can I say my years of apathy and silence had no bearing on it. 

We didn't allow these things because we faced the loss of freedom (prison sentences) or loss of life (capital punishment) or even job loss, but because we are self-concerned, arrogant, and lazy. 




I especially look to Christian women because we deserted our homes, our husbands, our children, and our families in favor of having more money and with the cry of "I need to feel more fulfilled and I don't want to be inconvenienced." 

I will let God express it through the prophet Ezekiel much better.

"As I live,” says the Lord God, “neither your sister Sodom nor her daughters have done as you and your daughters have done. Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, the fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before me.

Indeed everyone who quotes proverbs will use this proverb against you: ‘Like mother, like daughter!’ You are your mother’s daughter, loathing husband, and children; and you are the sister of your sisters, who loathed their husbands and children

(Excerpts from Ezekiel 16:44-50)


And if you are reading this and thinking I am being too harsh or that this has NOTHING to do with you as a Canadian Christian woman, then I fear we have done this evil and are beyond God's forgiveness. Because before we can be forgiven we must REPENT. And repentance requires truth and humility!

But for those few of us who accept the facts of the atrocities committed in this country and know we could have personally done more to stop them, 

for those of us who feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit and accept the judgment of reality, history, and God, 

there may yet be hope for us if we throw ourselves at Christ's feet and on His mercy.




" Nevertheless, I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with youAnd I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the Lordthat you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame when I provide you an atonement for all you have done,” says the Lord God.’ ” 

(Ezekiel 16:60-63)


I am grateful God's mercy is SO huge, His grace STILL sufficient and His love far-reaching and patient. He may not be done with me quite yet and I may still be of use to Him.

Stay tuned.


Speaking the truth, with love, (even when I don't want to hear it),

Always, Laura-Lee


LINK All of Ezekiel 16


"Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.” (Luke 7:50)


Sinful woman anoints Jesus' feet with her tears.

LINK Luke 7 ENTIRE Chapter






LINK All of John 12. Mary anoints Jesus' feet with perfume