Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

March 01, 2021

TRYING to Stop the Rot

 


I've been at my letter writing again. This time after visiting the website of my little Christian high school, Vancouver Christian School which I have told stories about throughout the years to entertain and inspire the people in my life.


I just viewed a February 2021 Newsletter to discover they were celebrating  the Chinese New Year complete with astrological symbols and demon dragon costumes. I sent  the following letter, for whatever it's worth, and move on with a clear conscience but downcast heart for how far that sweet school has fallen. And to all of the former board members, teachers, parents and fellow students that sacrificed to see that this school kept going to inspire their children and glorify God, I am heart sick over this and deeply sorry.


"You've got to be kidding me!

I attended and graduated from Vancouver Christian School from 1980-85. The first year it opened at your location was the first year I attended. I suppose that makes me one of your pioneers. I come here every few months to read a newsletter and see how you are doing. As I've watched through the years I've gone from anxious to concerned to distressed at the course you've plotted and followed. I usually write something in an effort to be salt and light for Jesus and uphold the standards of those who founded the school and all of us who made many sacrifices in order that we might have a Christ-centered education.


But this time I opened up the most recent newsletter and saw the photo of CHILDREN celebrating the Chinese New Year which is so blatantly anti-Christian all I can think is, "Welcome to the End Times".


I feel there is very little point in writing to you because if all your teachers and board members don't know that you're doing wrong, then you are too far gone for me to explain it. And if you DO know that you're doing wrong and are purposefully doing it anyway, then Jesus have mercy on you. You are going to need it.


“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea." Mark 9:42


You know what, I was following Jesus and reading the Bible before most of you were even born, so spare me whatever pathetic rationalism you were planning to respond with. I was compelled to speak up. I've done so, now I'm moving on. See you on Judgement Day.


Sincerely, Laura-Lee Rahn (1980 -1985)"


"For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.." (Revelation 3:17)



Article from the Evangelical Times

A Chinese Christian looks at the Celebration of the Chinese New Year.


https://www.evangelical-times.org/25472/chinese-new-year-a-christian-perspective/



LINK to Vancouver Christian School

https://vancs.org/


ALUMNI BLOG I STARTED FOR MY HIGH SCHOOL MORE THAN A DECADE AGO.

http://vcssalumni.blogspot.com/2010/