Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

September 23, 2020

Carman's Cancer Returns

 




CARMAN with Mom, NANCY.



I discovered two things about Carman yesterday. He had gotten married again in December of 2017 and in January of 2020 his cancer had returned. Both facts were originally stated by Carman through Social Media. But you will find little else about it from him.

Speaking to my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ, let's cut to the chase. Carman being divorced and remarried is classified as "adultery" according to the Bible. It's not an obscure Biblical doctrine. Everywhere the Bible mentions divorce it states that getting remarried means entering into an adulterous relationship. And since I believe the Bible is God's words from cover to cover, I believe this too. I suspect Carman and his new wife, Dana, accept this on some level. Their silence on social media at a time when most of us would be asking daily (if not minute by minute) for prayers is very telling. 

But I also know this. Carman has cancer. And if it came back in January he is probably not doing well right now. And for whatever reason he is keeping to himself. I also know the Lord has specifically asked me to pray for him and to let this be known to my blog visitors and friends on the internet.

If you have even heard of Christian Contemporary Music you've heard of Carman. If you're like me, you've spent countless hours listening to Carman's music, singing Carman's music, and worshipping with Carman's music.

The very first CCM song I heard and the video I saw was Lazarus Come Forth. Until then I thought Christians only sang hymns. Carman's music and life have made a huge impact on my life and my Christian faith and if you're honest with yourself, it has for you too.

Whatever condition his personal life is in is now his own concern. He will have to face God on Judgement Day, just like each one of us will. My primary concern is what will be going on between ME and God on that Day. I'm not asking you to go and hang out with the Licciardellos. What I am asking is for you to join me in praying for them.

This is what I believe and what it boils down to for me. Carman is sick, facing death, and he is my family. And you don't bail out on family. Ever! He was there for me (and often in very dark times) and now I'm going to be there for him during this crisis and what will probably be the final battle of his life. 

I've made my choice. I've made my declaration. I've started my prayers. And now I leave it to you.

Thank you for again giving me your time and attention. You are most welcome here anytime at my internet home.


Love always, Laura-Lee

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;" 

  John 11:25



Massive Poster version of This Hung on my Wall for Years.




Album Cover - First Carman Album




LINK to video LAZARUS COME FORTH



FYI


Amidst problems and COVID-19 closures, Carman is still trying to get out there and talk and sing. There is a FaceBook page about him on tour. Link is below. (NOTE: This FB page has "no confirmed owner or organization" so approach it with caution and discernment.) LL

Facebook CARMAN on Tour LINK

Carman has several tour dates booked in the next months in the southern US. LINK below. Maybe there is something near you? But everything is tentative, so you should check again before heading out to one. LL

CARMAN Tour Dates LINK