Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

September 05, 2020

Pondering "Patience" by Ivon Prefontaine

 

Mark Twain Patiently Pondering?

I came across the following poem at the blog, "Teacher as Transformer" and it struck me because every single line had a depth of truth to it and something to think about. I thought about how it must have been the timely fruition of years of experience and observation. And the author, Ivon Prefontaine, has graciously allowed me to republish it here so I can share it with you, my friends.

You know how I tell you that all poetry is better when you read it out loud, even if it doesn't rhyme. Well, I think I'll let you off the hook this time. There is something about this poem that inspires quiet meditation. But I would suggest frequent pausing. Just like when you approach an intersection that has something hindering your view of the oncoming traffic, you will wish to come to a complete stop before rolling forward. 

Truth with love, Laura-Lee



Patience–


Conversing fully;


Making the world anew,


Healing through listening–


Welcoming uncomfortableness.


Information prevailing–


Supplanting heart’s courage;


Its wisdom,


Sensing the common–


Common sense.


Awakening, pausing, observing–


Emerging from hibernating;


Welcoming that which is different,


Inviting


Completing unfinished circles.


Piecing together peace–


Filling voids;


Voicing the silenced,


Heralding life–


Each voice rejoicing.


Making ones’ self whole–


Accompanied by others;


Joining hands and hearts,


Belonging to each other–


Fulfilling humanness.


From Ivon's blog post "Welcoming Differences" at "Teacher as Transformer" blog.


Ivon Prefontaine.com