Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

January 16, 2016

God Speaks Through Cliff's & Notes

People sometimes ask, "How/When do I know God is speaking to me?"  So many times He uses several "coincidences" and "confirmations" to tell me something. Recently I've had good examples of what I mean.


I recently purchased from Christian Book Distributors (CBD) two new Bibles. They are fresh, new, pristine Bibles, but I've already started adding my own notes and comments into them.  

I was just skimming through the pages of  "New Bible #1" and the first place I underlined was Isaiah 42:10.


A few days ago I watched the film "Mrs. Miniver" with Greer Garson. In it a Bible verse is quoted, but they don't tell us where it comes from. For days I've tried finding it's exact location in the Bible, but I couldn't remember enough of it to even locate it in an Internet Search. 

I finally gave up trying to search by myself and asked the Lord to show me where it is. 

Within a couple hours of asking for the Lord's help, I had been able to watch the scene from "Mrs. Miniver" again, get enough of the verse to do an Internet search and discovered it was from Psalm 107:23. 

I had "New Bible #2" with me when God revealed Psalm 107:23 to me, so I read Psalm 107:23 from "New Bible #2". I highlighted it and saw a note from the publisher in the margin. It said: Isaiah 42:10. (which was the only verse I had highlighted in my "New Bible #1").

So out of thousands and thousands of Bible verses, what are the odds of me owning these TWO specific Bibles and that the only verse I underlined in the first Bible, would be in the margin note of the second Bible I bought. (The odds of that happening by chance would be beyond calculating)

And after reading BOTH Isaiah 42:10 and Psalm 107:23,  I know why God picked those two verses and that they ARE meant for me specifically. 



Here's another example of God communicating through "coincidences": (It happened a few months ago)

I tried to download a movie to my iTunes program, but it just wouldn't work. 
I emailed iTunes for a week, but all their messages just got more confusing. 
Then I got bounced around on the telephone through 4 different "Apple iTunes Representatives", until I finally ended up on the phone with "Cliff" from "Tech Support". He formed a Link with my computer (so he could see my computer screen) and we began to try to discover and fix why my computer would not download the iTunes movie.

That first day we worked on it for 3 hours and got nowhere. Cliff  made a phone appointment for the next day for us to continue to try different solutions. 
The next day we worked his entire 10 hour shift together, but still could not find ANY solution why I couldn't download the movie.


By that time I was getting an impression that God was "hiding" the solution from us. That until I told Cliff about Jesus and how much Jesus loves him, the solution to the iTunes problem would not come. So before Cliff hung up to go home, I told him about Jesus. 

Cliff said nothing, but we made another appointment to phone and continue to look for the solution during his next shift.  

Before I spoke to Cliff again, I heard a sermon where the minister was discussing baptizing new Christians on a beach in Hawaii. It gave me an idea of a way to fix my iTunes problem. 

 When I got together by phone appointment again with Cliff, my iTunes problem was fixed in less than 20 minutes. 

Before I said "good-bye" to Cliff  (and even though he could have lost his job for speaking about God to a customer) he asked me to continue praying for him, but didn't say more.

Isn't that amazing?!

Oh, I forgot to mention, not only did the solution come during the sermon about "Baptisms in Hawaii", but before I said "Good-bye" to Cliff he revealed that

Cliff works in Hawaii and 
Cliff lives in Hawaii.

And what was the name of the movie I couldn't download from iTunes that started all this? 
"Hawaii"


And from both these examples I've even left out several "coincidental" details. But just the ones I've given you demonstrate how God talks to me. 

Jesus is ready to speak to you too. Are you ready to listen to Him?


Have a restful and happy Sabbath.

Love Laura-Lee