Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

January 05, 2016

"If I Was a Tree" Poem by Laura-Lee Rahn


If I Was a Tree

 ~ by Laura-Lee Rahn


I wonder if I'd be happy if I became a tree?
Not turned to a mighty oak, but a tiny sapling be.

All my little branches need not touch the sky,
As long as I could bow, when the Master of the Wind came by.

I needn't live for eons, but merely for a day
If in that span I learned, that the stone was rolled away.

I'd still remain just "Little Me", if it's all the same.
No matter what I look like, my Savior knows my name.

(So) let others be an ocean, to be deep and true blue.
I'll just be a tiny seed, we can move a mountain too.

SAPLING
I surely could be happy, if I were a tree,
But it would break my heart if I couldn't move 
                 when God says, "Come Follow Me."


Mighty Oak