Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

December 10, 2015

WARNING: "Amazon" Order/Shipment SCAM



WARNING:

Got an interesting message in my email INBOX in regards to an "UPDATE: Re: Amazon.com Order", informing me of a delay in my Amazon order due to the fact they needed to "verify" some  information. Before finishing the process of my order, I simply had to click on the Link (they provided within the email), login to my Amazon account and provide my current shipping address.

The only problem is I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM AMAZON!




I did go there, looked around and added a couple things to my "Wishlist". But didn't order anything.




I also received a similar message from the "Zazzle" website, but I didn't order anything with them either. I just did a lot of looking and "wishlist"-ing.


Obviously the "Scammers" are out in FULL force, trying to take advantage of all the extra online shopping we're doing at Christmas time.



Here's a few things to do to protect yourself:







  • Make sure you know who you've ordered from - keep track of every item and website you've purchased from.

  • When you're finished at a website, LOG OUT if you're registered with them. 

  • ** When clicking on a LINK, watch the URL (or Address) BAR at the top of the page. The website you ordered from should be the first words you see. 
For Example: If the word "Amazon" is way down the sentence, it's not actually "Amazon". The website name will be up at the beginning of the line. The Link below is to Amazon's page about giving a gift card. Notice that in the URL (address) Bar to the Canadian Amazon store the first thing you see is "www.amazon.ca", even though it's a big, long link. 
If some link from an email does not have it that way,  then it isn't  from them.



Hope this information helps. Be safe. 
And please take NOTE: 
I take a size 8 (or a size 10 or "large" size - if  you wish to be safe that it fits). 



Love Always, Laura-Lee