Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

December 19, 2015

Final "Resting Day" Before Christmas



Here comes the final Sunday Sabbath day before Christmas and I've never looked into faces of people who need rest more than all the people I see racing around right now. As a group, I doubt there is a busier one than "Christians at Christmas". It's like a vicious, Christian Christmas Catch-22 Situation. We run ourselves ragged ... to prove we have the "peace of Christ". How ridiculous! 

And certainly NOT what Jesus had envisioned for the world when He came into it as a tiny baby. 

Then when He later spoke the words:

"Come to me all who are weary and I will give you REST."  Matthew 11:28


Do you ever actually stop and really hear   the words we are singing in all those wonderful Christmas carols we sing each year?

God REST ye Merry Gentlemen

SILENT night, all is CALM, ...

... a WEARY world rejoices ...



So pause this weekend and start turning your hearts towards Jesus.  Whatever you feel you have to and need to get done tomorrow will wait a day or, most likely, will not need to be done at all.

So this Christmas that's what I pray for you. That you find your Soul's rest. Which cannot exist apart from Jesus. And I am so deeply grateful I don't have to wait for Christmas to know that. (But I did have to learn all this the hard way. Through weakness.)

Right now, my cat wants to play with me. So I'm "outta here".

With Love, Laura-Lee

"Let's pray, Let's play
Let's have a wonderful Sabbath Day." 

 - I just made that up. Do I have a future as a rap-singer?








P.S. And if you don't know by now, the "CHURCH LADY P.I. Mystery" is completely and running at the "Master's PEACE Theatre" Blog. Hope you like it.