Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

August 10, 2019

Pray For My Hats



Ya. You read the title correctly. I suppose you might need a little more information though.

As many of my regular blog readers may know, I spent most of the Spring in the hospital. While I was there I contracted a virus on my scalp which has robbed me of almost all of my hair. So when I got home I decided to buy some chemo hats. Because of my infected scalp I couldn't put on just any old hat. However, I have been having a great deal of trouble getting some.


I tried first to order some from Amazon. But Canada Post foiled my plans again. Instead of actually delivering the package to my home, my deliverer decided to throw a notification card into my mailbox. It required me to travel 3 miles to a small store where my parcel had been dumped. Since I don't have a car and I can't take the bus, I was stuck as to what to do. I couldn't even get someone to pick it up for me because I was required to show in person with my photo ID ready. So without options, I simply let it go back to Amazon. They gave me a refund for the price of the merchandise. Of course I was out all the shipping costs.


However I still really needed to have something to put on my head. So I went to another website that specialized in chemo hats, hoping that if I ordered it directly from them I might actually receive something. But again Canada Post spoiled my plans and delivered the package to someone else.

Oh. I forgot. I already have this one but in pink and yellow.

I contacted Canada Post and they started an investigation to find the missing parcel. But there's little hope of that because even if the mail deliver didn't realize it was the wrong address, the people who accepted the package would have immediately known it wasn't intended for them. But took it anyway. I hope they like my "Slaps". They are both lovely and usefull for many situations.

 I don't understand what this is all about. Six weeks later and I still can't buy just a few hats?! It's weird, 'ya know?

So, if you would say just a simple prayer that God would cut through the 'static' and get me something to wear on my little bald head besides my old blue sleep cap, I would appreciate it. And I'll let you know how this concludes.
If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'd be happy to get them. Just send me an email.


Thanks for stopping in.


Love Laura-Lee Rahn



YUP! This one is actually me.
2010? I think.