Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

August 09, 2019

Canada Post ARRRRRRRG!! (Primal Scream)





 I thought it was bad enough that I only receive 1 out of the 5 parcels I order because Canada Post usually just throws a notification card into my mailbox and then dumps  my parcel at a facility nowhere near my home. But today Canada Post did something new. They delivered my late parcel to someone else.

Through the years they have:


 *Never delivered many Christmas cards and parcels

*Delivered items 3 years after they were mailed to me

*My bank account was locked down and my utilities shut off when Canada Post suddenly decided to send back ALL  my mail to everyone marked "undeliverable ". Even though I had been living in the same place for 6 years.

Or the six post-dated rent checks I sent registered that even required a signature and still never got to their destination and we're never found. Meaning I had to pay my bank to have them ALL canceled. $18 each! Not to mention the money lost to send the first cheques and second batch of cheques registered.

But several years ago I started an online petition to ask the Canadian Government to do an investigation of Canada Post because it is a Crown Corporation and definitely under their jurisdiction. I had many signatures. But not one from Canada. The signers included some of the worst horror stories of how lives were actually ruined when they mailed something to Canada that never arrived or arrived destroyed. The reason no Canadians signed it is because they were afraid of the repercussions Canada Post would heap on them if they were found out. Now is that is not cause for an investigation?


And I've been dealing with this for 48 years! (mailed my first letter at age 5.) So I repeat, "ARRRRRRG!"



Mom told me that when she was a teenager and it was Christmas, sometimes they received as many as 4 mail deliveries EACH DAY! And believe me, it's pretty cold here in Canada in December.

Now Canada Post literally only care about making money and their customers can go to ****! (insert your own expletive here. I don't know any bad enough to express my current outrage.)

Quick! Someone tell me a good joke.










"See you, Love"
Scottish translation = "see yoo loove"
Yea. Okay. I know "love" isn't actually what Gerard's saying.


He's actually saying "Loooorrra"


Ahhh. All that cuteness. Now I feel better.






















Shhh. Gerard. No one is supposed to know about us yet.
Ok ok I'll call. Stop pestering. There's enough Loooorrra to go around. Yes. I'm that much woman!