Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

August 10, 2019

Tisha B'av & Sunday Sabbath


Time to par-tay the Judeo-Christian way!



Well another Sunday Sabbath has rolled around. But it is also the Jewish holiday of Tisha B'Av. And you should see what Google Talk made of the word Tisha B'Av, before I corrected it.

So I decided to get you in a "isn't-God-good-and-wonderful" mood in order to help you celebrate.

In 2014 I lost my voice three times in very serious cases of laryngitis. I've had laryngitis many times throughout my life and all that usually means is a little peace and quiet for a few days for the people I am around. But in 2014 it meant losing my voice. That was something I did not see coming.

Now I'm hardly a Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey but I have always loved to sing and I have been good enough at it that people have asked me to sing. But I do it mostly for myself and for the Lord. But when I lost my voice I stopped singing all together. I'd like to say it was simply to spare the people around me, but there weren't any people around me. I think the main reason I didn't want to sing is because it was a constant reminder of yet another thing I had lost.



But then Jesus had a talk with me and reminded me all the joy that there is in expressing myself in song. So I decided to continue even though I couldn't carry a tune. I sounded like a boy going through adolescence and on bad days like a frog, going through adolescence.

But then my Lord told me once again about the verse in the Book of Psalms that says we are to "make a Joyful Noise unto the Lord." So I continued to make my noise never expecting my voice to return.

Three days ago I felt the urge to burst into song and so I did. The only difference is at this time my voice was completely restored. Not only can I carry a tune again, I can sing better then I did before.

Now you may be wondering why he healed my voice, but he didn't heal the rest of me. I have to admit the thought crossed my mind as well. But as we learn in the Book of Job, God's ways are not our ways. And there are some things I may never understand even if He explained them to me really slow and used finger puppets.


But this is my first Sunday with my voice miraculously restored and I am going to sing through the entire day. (and probably every day after that too.) I hope I can encourage you to do the same. It's time for you to make YOUR Joyful Noise to the Lord. Whatever form that may take.

Have a wonderful and restful Sunday.

Love, Laura-Lee



Bible Verse Psalm 100:1 Read it for yourself



Actually Tisha B'Av isn't exactly a day of celebration in the usual sense. To learn more, follow the Link.
What is Tisha B'Av?




Coloring page, for something fun to do on your Sabbath.





"Shout to the Lord" music video. Something fun to listen to.


"MY Jesus, MY Saviour... Forever I'll love you, forever I'll STAND. Nothing compares to the promise I have in you."