Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

January 08, 2013

Laura-Lee’s New Year’s Resolutions 2013

Every January most people start out the new year wanting to get their life in order (or as I refer to it “getting my act together”). You often hear many of the same new years resolutions: 1) get in shape 2) stop smoking 3) get organized. Not only do you hear a LOT of people saying it, you often hear the SAME lot of people saying it.

If you’re a Christian, like I am, your New Year’s Resolutions will probably also include something along the lines of 1) Reading my Bible more, or 2) taking time out of my schedule to spend with the Lord. Both are worthy goals, but we Christians don’t get much further with our “spiritual” goals than anyone else gets with their “secular” goals. By the time February rolls around again all of us (Believer and non-Believer) have come to realize, … (sigh), … WE’VE FAILED FOR YET ANOTHER YEAR.

At the beginning of 2012, I was tired of failing for more than 4 decades, so I decided to set a goal I thought would be easier to achieve AND a lot more fun to achieve too.

I decided to make 2012 the year I would “RUN AMOK”. And guess what. COMPLETE SUCCESS!

Since I conquered last years resolution, I am so giddy from my achievement that I have decided to have several New Years Resolutions in 2013. They are designed to make me a better person physically, mentally, emotionally and, of course, spiritually. May I now present, …

Laura-Lee’s New Year’s Resolutions – 2013

1) Add insult to injury

2) Be a ‘hotel’ girl in a ‘motel’ world (sounds ‘kinda’ lurid, eh?)

3) Discover, conclusively, if Adam and Eve had belly-buttons

4) Be the greatest humble person in the entire world

             AND

4) Get “Jiggy-With-It”  (which I’m sure I will have no problem with – as soon as I figure out what it is).

I will meet you back here in one year to celebrate my accomplishments and the even more amazing person I will have become.
*(Boy, that “humble person” resolution is ‘gonna’ be hard considering I’m as fantastic as I am.)