Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

January 08, 2013

My Blog in Review (or Rear View)

I started doing a blog somewhere in the year 2006, I think. The blog, “Laura-Lee Was Here” came to life in this format in 2008. I love to write, but due to my increasing illnesses I have found it difficult to write with any consistency.

Also, I have 4 blogs currently going, because I hoped to categorize my thoughts so that nobody would have to waste their precious time roaming through posts that are of little interest to them.
 
At the onset, I would have predicted that the blog that would be the most popular is the one about the entertainment industry The Bible and the Biz BLOG.

Secondly, I suspected the one about crafts and creativity LOVE expressed through DOODLES Blog would be popular because so many people have become artistic and involved in everything from scrap booking to home renovations.

As I look over my Blog Statistics, I am surprised (and even shocked) that my blog that is read the most is my PERSONAL BLOG, BLOG Laura-Lee Was Here HOMEPAGE . This is the blog made entirely of me talking about anything and everything that scurries through my brain.  And the amount of hits (page views) I get at “Laura-Lee Was Here” is more than my other 3 blogs combined!

In 2008 and 2009, I got about 50 hits each year. In 2010 I was pleased to find that dozens of people had “stopped by” to check out my posts during the year. By 2011, I was even happier to discover that several hundred people had stopped by. As I look at 2012 I am stunned (yes, stunned) that several THOUSAND people have stopped by!

I can deduce one of three things: 1) Everyone is really bored. 2) You have low standards in your entertainment standards. 3) You find me interesting or amusing.
 
I feel led to believe that it is the  #1 or #2 reason. But still, deep inside of me, there is a small part that is beginning to relate to Sally Field while accepting her second Academy Award: “You like me. You really like me!”

If it is, by some miracle, that you actually like what I write and want to know about me personally, I can’t help but feel a bit overwhelmed and slightly scared. It’s one thing to blah, blah, blah for my own pleasure, but it’s a completely different thing when someone is paying attention. Or, perhaps,even have expectations of me.

But knowing that you are stopping by has made me want to do better and be better. And for that, I thank you. Anytime I am encouraged to reach (for whatever it may be) I know I owe a debt of gratitude.

What you expect of me I have very little idea, but I promise you I will do my best to not waste your time, say something that actually matters and ALWAYS be grateful when you stop by.
 
In a word: “Thank You”

Love Laura-Lee