Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

May 03, 2016

Roots and Remembrances: Norfords


I wanted to write a clever poem but my mind is too jumbled, so I'll simply resort to the truth.

My family all became Christians around the same time back in 1978. That's when Mom began to say her most heartfelt and constant prayer:

"Jesus, give my struggling, little family roots in You that will go deep and last us all our entire lives." 

As usual, God answered this prayer. And in abundance.

He led us to a small church called "Boundary Road Assembly", but I was still too young and naive as a Christian (and person) to understand the massive value found in that church. 

The Pastoring Staff that held so many letters behind their names, but were so humble as people I didn't know that they were actually great leaders, teachers and theologians. I just called them all by their first names. ("Cheeky" teenager that I was). 

The entire congregation which showed us what it meant to be a Christian Family and members of the Body of Christ. 

The (Lead) Minister, Bryan Norford, who remains the best Christian teacher I've heard.

Ann Norford, who gave of herself without reserve to everyone and anyone, especially those who were suffering (and became my hero).


And their 8 year old daughter, Alex, who opened her heart to me immediately and also showed me that the Holy Spirit can fall powerfully on someone regardless of their age and to never under estimate the great wisdom of a child.

Their family not only took us "under their wings", but became our closest friends. Throwing open the doors to their life it wasn't just sound Biblical teaching that helped us find those "roots" Mom was praying for, but it was through their unconditional love that they were ultimately sunk into us for our lifetimes!

No wonder I can barely find the words. I look forward when we are all in Heaven and they will know the truth of what's in my heart.


Bryan just had a birthday. May every day he has be FULL of every ounce of joy he can wring from it.



"Jesus. thank you for Bryan, Ann & Alex Norford"


And Happy Birthday, Bryan.




My love (and roots) always. 
Laura-Lee