Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

May 07, 2016

I'm a Google Doodle (with UPDATE too)

I find Google Doodles very fascinating. I've often wondered how they decide who is going to be the topic of one. Here's some examples of topics:


  • The 150th birthday of some long dead astronomer
  • Commemorating the day Bubble Gum was invented
  • The death of the former leader of India

   ... and so on.

There isn't a Google Doodle every day, but when I see one I usually go check it out. A few times I've even been so bold as to wonder, "If I was ever a Doodle topic, what it would be for?"
Since you've heard me mention that Mom often referred to me as  "Queen of the Freak Accident", I figured if I was ever the topic of a Doodle it would be for something strange and/or bizarre.

I was awake early this morning to feed my master, ... oops, uh,  my MONTY and also begin my day by chatting and nattering to the Lord. He distinctly told me at that time, "today I have some 'little surprises' (which is a term Mom always used to say) in honor of your birthday." Mom loved and lived to do "little surprises" for people. It could have been anything from a simple gift or some action to help or enhance someone's life.


I fell back asleep until "Lord Montygue LongBody CrapPoopKin" woke me at 11:06 am to prepare for his second meal of the day. (If I ever needed to, I could set my clocks by the main clock in MONTY's tummy).

I won't go into all the details, but a chocolate milkshake found it's way into my hand and knew it was definitely a "little surprise" from Jesus. Especially when I noticed the time: 12:30 pm. The exact time of day I was born. 

So with my milkshake in hand, I "booted up" my computer to watch YouTube while I had my ice cream. The first page my Internet Browser is programmed to go to is the Canadian Google search page. (Google.ca) Mine has a Google Doodle on it today. When I looked to discover the topic it said: "Happy Birthday, Laura-Lee".

Yup. Today I am a Google Doodle. What another great "little surprise"! (and they are still coming; some directly from God and some from people who are particularly sensitive to what God is telling them.)


God doing things just to bring me joy and make me feel special.



"Happy Birthday, Laura-Lee"
(MY Google Doodle)

UPDATE: (May 9th, Monday)

In 1985 (the day I legally became an adult) my birthday celebrations were stretched over the course of 3 days: Friday my classmates threw me a celebration, we celebrated Saturday at home and Sunday it was celebrated by my church "family" and a surprise (and extremely LOUD) serenade on our back porch by my best friends who lived in the basement suite (the Partingtons). 
Ever since it's been a running joke that I try to stretch out my birthday over as many days as possible.


I woke on Sunday, (May 8th of this year), for MONTY's  6:06 am feeding and to say  "good-morning" to the Lord. Because it was also Mothers' Day, I asked Jesus if He would "pass on a message to Mom for me". 
As an answer I got an immediate image of my booklet, "Our Daily Bread", which is the daily devotional I use.



I opened the "Our Daily Bread" devotional and it began,

 "At her mother's 50th birthday celebration, first born daughter ..." 
(Jesus could not have gotten more specific that He was talking directly to me)

The verse from the Bible quoted inside was,
    "I will not forget you"  (Isaiah 49:15)

Click on the "ODB" Link below and read it for yourself. But you can believe me when I say it ALL  pertains to me . It also contains several more "little surprises" and stretched out my birthday for another day.


"Our Daily Bread" Devotional (May 8th) Read it for Yourself    

"Lord, Thank you for making my 50th birthday such a special one. And the gifts of knowing you are going to stretch out the 'celebrations' and 'little surprises' long beyond this one birthday. 
Love, your Laura-Lee.    Amen."




 "... in the year of Jubilee."