Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

October 08, 2015

Personal Poem for "J"

This poem  is a personal message TO someone. Thank you for your indulgence.

NOTE:   I have noticed that poetry can be enjoyed more if you read it OUT LOUD.  It helps you appreciate the cadence (bounce) and rhyme of the words and it slows you down so your mind pays more attention to the words you're speaking. Just FYI.




My Dearest  "J",
That beautiful   BIRTHday
When my life took on that "WOW"

Physically far away,
So I pray and pray.
There's a lot between us now.

I've come to say,
I love just one way.
Knowing you shows me how.

Father will have his way,
Because we're made of clay
And He always fulfills His vow.


  ~~ by Laura-Lee RAHN  (Edmonton, AB, copyright 2015)

NOTE: Inspired partly by the following words spoken by Jesus.


JOHN 16:21-24

" 'A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 
 So with you: Now is your time of grief but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.' "