Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

September 10, 2012

Counting Down 30 Life Principles (1-5)


According to Dr. Charles Stanley, Pastor and Television Evangelist, there are "30 Life Principles". And since Dr. Stanley has lived quite a long time, I suspect that he knows a thing or two. He developed these 30 Principles in order to give us guidelines on how to get more intimate in our relationship with Jesus and get along better with each other. These are based on principles from the Bible , which is another reason I suspect they work. Because God has lived even longer than Dr. Stanley .
 
However, the first time I came across this list it was a bit overwhelming. And since I was over whelmed, I put it aside and didn't touch it again for almost two years.
 
Also, I am probably the most paranoid person on the planet and I accept nothing simply because someone tells me to. So if these principles are to be any good to me at all, I have to put them to the test ... myself. And in order to do that, I had to take just a few at a time.
 
So, I present to you, the first 5 of the "30 Life Principles" by Dr. Charles Stanley.  Read the first 5 and see if you think they have truth in them. Put them into action in your life and see if they work at all. If you're anything like me, you'll find all sorts of things can be encountered and discovered if you put faith into action. Because believing something isn't really anything until you are ready to live it out. Rubber meet road time.
 
(And if you wish to learn more about Dr. Charles Stanley and the ministry he created, follow the link to "In Touch Ministries" below).
 
 
LIFE PRINCIPLES (1-5)
 

1) Our intimacy with God – His highest priority for our lives – determines the impact of our lives.

2) Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.

3) God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm.

4) The awareness of God’s presence energizes us for our work.

5) God does not require us to understand His will, just obey it, even if it seems unreasonable.

** Try and apply these to your life by not being afraid to expect God to act according to his character and promises. If you take just one of these principles as a fact and live according to that fact, you will see God amaze you, just by showing up. L-L

In Touch Ministries with Charles Stanley

DR. CHARLES STANLEY