Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

February 03, 2023

VITAMIN D: Our New BFF





VITAMIN D is your FRIEND๐Ÿ™‚❗️

We actually get tons of it from just being in sunlight. How great is that❓️๐Ÿ˜„

BUT ...if you spend a lot of time indoors or are a Vegan or are experiencing winter in more northern areas (where there are fewer hours of sunlight) you will have a Vitamin D deficiency which can cause all sorts of problems.

Now, you can go and hork down a bunch of PILL form supplements, but I've never been fond of that as a solution because that can create problems too by creating IMBALANCES in your body. One vitamin works with many other vitamins and if you create a spike in one well ๐Ÿ’‍♀️..more problems. So except for perhaps a One-a-Day supplement appropriate for your age and gender (the one you were born with and reflected by the DNA in every cell in your body), I recommend you get extra of any vitamin or mineral you lack by eating MORE of the foods it comes from.

Here are some of the foods RICH in our new BFF, Vitamin D:

1. Salmon and Tuna (just the stuff in the can is great and you can get it very economically.)

2. Oranges (they are like "Sunshine in a fruit" I like to say.☺️๐ŸŠ)

3. Cows' milk ("MOOOO"❗️๐ŸฎWhich I have always loved and have drank everyday for all my 56 years. Oops! ๐Ÿ™Š Accidently outed my age on the Internet again.)

 When I was in the hospital in 2019 paralyzed from the neck down and all the doctors were trying to figure out the mystery as to WHY, I was given a bone density test. 

"Laura-Lee, you have the bone density of a twenty-year old!"

"Great. I'm paralyzed from the neck down but at least I won't break a hip." ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

(we must always keep our sense of humor)

4. Egg yolk. (Yes, I know you were previously told  "Egg yolk BAD" but you need to keep in mind there are political, economical and ideological agendas behind what the media/Government tells us. I have no such agendas. I just want you to be healthier.)

5. Mushrooms. I LOVE mushrooms however in my 40s I developed an allergy to them. ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜ญ But if you like them, go for it. You can have my share too. 

You're welcome.๐Ÿ˜”


6. Oatmeal (which also has TONS of other groovy stuff in it too)

7. Kale or Spinach (Nice to learn after all these years that Pop-Eye was RIGHT!) NOW, if you don't want to just eat spinach plain and straight I don't blame you, but there are tons of tasty things it comes in. Pizza. Lasagna Casseroles. I currently have a Spinach/Cheese spread in my fridge that is very tasty. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Cheese

Yogurt

Liver

You get the idea. You can go do your own search for "List Vitamin D rich foods" and add to your diet whatever YOU fancy. ๐Ÿคท‍♀️




Keep in mind a few things in general when it comes to your diet. YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL❗️(and I can't emphasize this enough). I have seen a myriad of fad diets come and go in the past 50 years. Don't succumb to the latest one.

My diet is that I get the proper amount required from the Four Basic Food groups but being older and having some health issues I need to tweak it a little. I tend to have high cholesterol so I have to watch that. I also take a One-a-Day for women over 50 and something called a "Gentle Iron" because I need a wee bit more than I get from my food.




CHART FROM 1976 Canada

Remember that MODERATION, BALANCE and INDIVIDUALITY are key to your diet.

I was deeply concerned when eating meat was turned into an evil thing in a big way during the 1970s (which caused a wave of Vegetarians) followed by villifying Dairy products next ( which created the Vegan movement). Now we know why when we look to Davos and the emerging political agendas of those involved.

Also, use your common sense. Any advertisement that tells you "you can lose weight without changing your diet or exercising" or that you can "shed extra pounds WHILE YOU SLEEP" are just people exploiting your desire to lose weight in order to make a buck! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿค‘


I am also very concerned about this latest Intermittent Fasting diet trend. ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿค”❗️As a Christian and Fasting being spoken of many times in the Bible, it is something I have done off and on for 45 years and am very familiar with. But it requires wisdom, knowledge and moderation. (as does EVERYTHING). But it is the latest current fad diet and even very reputable, well meaning doctors are missing some key things. For instance, they want you to work your way down to only ONE meal a day. HOWEVER, they are not keeping in mind your requirements from the Four Basic Food groups that cannot be consumed in just ONE meal a day.

(I will be discussing how to do Intermittent Fasting in an appropriate way in a future post)

Note MY personal FOUR BASIC FOOD chart from 1976 which I received when I was just ten years-old. (Oops! ๐Ÿ™Š Outed my age on the Internet again.) The reason I bring it up and include it is because I have watched it changed and "enhanced" many times throughout the decades according to whatever agenda is being pushed at the time. So please BEWARE of where (or from whom) you are getting your information.

"ALWAYS consider the source, Laura-Lee." ๐Ÿคจ

  "Yes, Mom."๐Ÿ˜Œ

(Actually Mom was WAY prettier than that emoji. Just FYI)



Also, the "Paleo Diet" which appeals greatly to men. Lots of meat but few vegetables, which is also unhealthy. It is a cultural,  emotional and economical push-back against the onslaught of Veganism (which is predominantly a female driven movement and now tied directly to occult things like witchcraft (wicca), paganism, yoga, New Age, etc. 

... which are all things for future blogs. 

For now, 

  I hope I have helped. ๐Ÿ™‚


The Truth with Love,

Always Laura-Lee ✝️๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ❣️



"Diet trends go in and out of style, but intermittent fasting has been a buzzy diet among celebs for a while. Plenty of people swear by the health and weight loss benefits. Still, even the same weight-loss method can work differently from person to person," (Women's Health Magazine)


LINK Benefits of Vitamin D. Dr. John Campell



I LOVE This Chart. 
NOTE the CHOCOLATE MILK. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™†‍♀️

TREAT FOR SCROLLING to the BOTTOM.