Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

February 21, 2023

Manna from Heaven on the Way

 





Firstly, 

What is Manna?

"Manna was the supernatural food God gave to the Israelites during their 40-year wandering in the desert. The word manna means "What is it?" in Hebrew. Manna is also known in the Bible as the "bread of heaven," "corn of heaven," "angel's food," and "spiritual meat."

(source: https://www.learnreligions.com/what-is-manna-700742 )

 Exodus, Chapter 16 tells us all about Manna and how the Hebrews were wandering hungry in the desert (and griping and complaining about it, I might add) and God sent down manna DIRECTLY from Heaven...EVERY day.

The people of Israel called the bread manna.[d] It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey.


Secondly,

let's look at the Biblical event when Jesus feeds five thousand people with only five loaves of bread and two fish.





"13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children." (Matthew 14:13-21)


What's my point?



I know everyone is flipping out because of the economy and a GLOBAL Government persecuting anyone who disagrees with them, but we can trust God to "give us our daily bread" even if He needs to rain it right down from Heaven!


I have been poor my whole life (although different levels of it) and I have seen this miraculous supplying happen more times than I can remember.

For example.

When I was in a long-term lockdown here in Canada I needed an antibacterial handwash. I looked and saw I only had about 1 cm left in my bottle and no way to get more.

I used that bottle of handwash several times a day for weeks and it never stopped having 1 cm in the bottle until the day I got groceries, which included a new bottle. Then suddenly the old bottle ran out.

This is NOT a time to fear but a time to trust God, take Jesus at His Word and be amazed!

And when Jesus supplies your needs remember ...


"As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. (Matthew 10:7-8)


Just as I give you...


The Truth with Love,

Always Laura-Lee 

Now head over to YouTube and see the music video from The Gaither Vocal Band that inspired this post.

"MANNA from HEAVEN" by The Gaither Vocal Band




Many modern day people have attempted to create something similar. Even though I'm SURE it doesn't taste ANYTHING like the real deal I thought I would conclude with a recipe for "Honey Coriander Manna Bread" found at the blog post,

 "Eating the Bible: To the Manna Born"

as your treat for scrolling all the way to the bottom.