Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

December 09, 2020

FASHION: Uniquely Men

 



Just to divert myself for something fun to do I have started to design modest fashions for women. I have become SO tired and frustrated by this new wave of Modest Fashions. It seems they are equating "modest" with boring and frumpy. Haven't they heard that colors other than black, grey, and navy blue have been invented?

I'm taking a Donny and Marie approach. Do you remember that old show? They used to have a moment when they would each sing songs. Marie was a "little bit country" and Donny was a "little bit rock 'n roll". That has always been my approach to fashion, whether it was for the office, Church or just going out. I dressed modestly but always had a little sparkle, lace, leather accent, or pretty broach or flower. You get the idea. It's good to be modest, but it's also good to be unique. I want to express my faith, NOT join a cult!

I've also been looking into men's fashions too and happy to discover all the wonderful and special ways men are expressing themselves within the same confines of a suit jacket, tie, vest, and pocket-handkerchief. I grabbed some of the best images and made a short slide show. Only three minutes long. Hope you enjoy it and that it gives you men lots of ideas on how to express yourselves. After all, you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139.

And quite lovely to look at too, if I do say so myself. 😊



Love always, Laura-Lee

Once I have more things for women designed I'll start sharing them. I have a myriad of ideas, just not much time.









Uh. Maybe I should rethink using Donny and Marie as fashion examples. 

Hey! Cut me some slack. I was only a little kid at the time. LL