Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

November 09, 2016

Attaching a Poppy and "REMEMBERING"




I made a "How-To" Video several years ago about attaching a Remembrance Day Poppy because they always seemed to be falling off my jacket. 

I thought I'd RE-post it because I STILL see peoples' poppies "jumping" off their jackets. (Apparently, the entire world has not seen and "heeded" my video). So 3 years later, here it is again.

Peace is costly. Even if we didn't personally pay the price. And spending 60 seconds of silence every November 11th at 11:00 am to honor those who did pay the price is the least I can do. (and trust me to do the "least" I can do!)

With Respect, Honor, and Love, Laura-Lee  


LINK Laura-Lee's Poppy Attachment Hint




IN FLANDERS FIELDS POEM
The World’s Most Famous WAR MEMORIAL POEM
By Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae


In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the dead: Short days ago,
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!
Normandy, France
(during World War 2)
Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields
Composed at the battlefront on May 3, 1915
during the second battle of Ypres, Belgium

LINK to More INFO about Poem Author John McCrae

Beach at Normandy (Current)



Beach at Normandy (World War 2)


LINK Normandy Invasion (Landings) World War 2) Wikipedia