Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

June 18, 2016

Finding Rest and Safety Beneath His Wings


First: Watch video of final battle from movie, "How to Train Your Dragon". (SPOILER ALERT - this video is from FINAL scene of the movie)




LINK to same YouTube Video from How to Train Your Dragon


I like this part of the movie because it reminded me of the verse from the Bible quoted below. Except with God His wings are feathers, both soft and strong and His protection is faithful and complete. (unlike what happens to Hiccup when he is [sort of] protected by Toothless.)
 God is NOT Toothless. In the Bible it actually calls Satan a "toothless lion". So even though this may be a cute movie, it is once again Satan stealing something that is the character of God and trying to take it for himself.



"He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

(from New International Version of the Bible)

  Psalm 91:4









I wish I could paint or draw because I can see in my mind God spreading out massively soft yet impenetrable wings and covering each of us completely. 
He has a smile on His face because we are totally safe and only He even knows we are there: in His care and hidden away from our troubles, our worries and our enemies.

He is forever faithful and mighty and we can always

 find rest beneath His "wings". 


After 38 years of knowing Him, I have experienced this and I KNOW it's true. My great desire is that each of you will experience it too.

Love Laura-Lee



"With his feathers he will cover you, under his wings you will find safety. His truth is your shield and armor."


  Psalm 91: 4  (from International Standard Version of Bible)