Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

April 09, 2016

Rest and Remember



I think the worst thing about all this grief I've had to face is that the people I would share my memories with are the ones who have died. 

Alberta Wild Rose
(Official Provincial Flower)

The "Experts" talk about the "Stages of Grief" a person goes through, including actually being angry at the person who died, ... for dying. I believe Remembering is a huge part of healing and until now I've shared very few memories and kept them short (according to my standard of what  "short" is).

But now I'm starting to feel things surfacing inside of me. Yes. A lot of what I feel and remember is painful. Some very, very painful. And "RAW" (for lack of a better word). But for the most part I appreciate my past and have no regrets about it. 

I've noticed there are certain things that God has endowed to each human being:


  • a love of music
  • a sense of humor
  • a conscience
  • the freedom of choice and
  • the ability to remember. 

And since He gave these to each and every person, He must consider them important. 

And since you have demonstrated that you wish to hear those things from me, often by your continuing and returning presence here, then I suppose I will unleash them on you.  
I may end up repeating myself, I might not have a big point to make or a lesson to teach, but as the Lord stirs my heart and my mind and as time and strength permit, I would like to share with you. And I do thank you for reading what I've written, because I also realize that your time is very valuable too.

Now. A lifetime of memories. Where should I begin?



Oops! My Sunday Sabbath rest and Technology Fast are quickly approaching, so I suppose you'll have to wait to hear more from me. But for now, I'll do one of my most favorite things: encourage you to take a day to rest, put your worries away and spend some quiet time. Just you and God alone together. You might be very surprised what happens.

So until we meet again and with many prayers for you that you cannot see but, none-the-less, still very much exist, 

I am,

Yours Truly, 

Laura-Lee