Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

April 07, 2016

ANSWER TO:: How Long Does Little Ketchup Packet Last?


I discovered some information on the Internet that might actually be useful, so I'm passing it on to you (instead of my usual "silliness").


QUESTION:

How long does a little packet of Ketchup (aka. Catsup) last if the vacuum seal is still good, but it has NOT been in the fridge?


ANSWERs:

  • Ketchup, Mayonnaise: One year for optimal flavor.
  • Mustard, Taco Sauce, Parmesan Cheese: One to two years for optimal flavor.
  • Tabasco Sauce: Three to four years for optimal flavor.
  • Honey, Salt, Sugar: Indefinite.  
  • Chocolate: * (see below)
To keep on the safe side of things, it’s probably best to throw away any packets that are beyond their “optimal flavor” point (unless it’s a survival situation).

LINK to where I found KETCHUP PACKET ANSWER at LifeHacker

Also FYI:
  I used to work at a CHOCOLATE factory  and I discovered that chocolate will last virtually forever. Whether it's wrapped up or not. It may get all crystallized, but even if you found it 20 years later, you could still eat it and not be harmed. Cool, eh? 
What can't chocolate do?!!

L-L