Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

June 09, 2015

God's World (Rod Partington's North America)

I just posted an UPDATE at the "GoFundMe" Campaign page for Rod (Partington) because today he received the money order of the donations raised for him and his family. But I had a few more personal things I wanted to add and it seemed more appropriate to say them here.

In the envelope with the money order, I included a list of the Dona-tors and the town or city where each one lived. I was struck by the fact that we come from places as far away as Port Alberni, BC to (me here on) the prairies of Alberta, all the way to Rod living in Florida, USA - and 17 other points in between.

I don't think Rod will be offended if I say that he isn't exactly the most well traveled person. I mean, he hasn't dedicated his life to "seeing the world". Nor is he very old. Yet his friends live from one end of the mighty and vast continent of North America to the other. 

Being a "history buff" I couldn't help but think of all the people and sacrifices it took to tame the continent of North America. Yet Rod has done it already in his brief life so far. How can people not see tohe hand of God in that? How can we not realize the potential?

We meet Rod someone along the path of our life and within not that much time we are all spread out. Jesus referred to his disciples as "salt" and "light". Both being good and necessary things that have  something in common: a little goes a long way.

 If our brief contact with Rod effects us and then we are scattered by our circumstances, like dandelion seeds scattered by the wind, what could we possibly accomplish by "meeting" Jesus, then staying true to following Him. To being committed to God's purposes right in the place He has currently placed us. 

All the peoples, years and sacrifices to tame this continent. How much easier has God made it to "win a world" for Christ?  Jesus asks us to "remain faithful in the 'little things' " and He will take care of the big picture. He tells us that we can "move a mountain" (literally) with a very tiny amount of faith ("small as a mustard seed").

It's strange, and I don't know where I picked up the notion, but I always thought what Jesus wanted from me (aka. God's will) was a "big mystery" to be figured out. In fact I viewed it as the  Big Mystery of my life. But if you (or I)  had something that needed doing, we enlisted the people to do it then said, "But I'm not going to actually tell you what I want you to do. You have to guess. Na na na na na na na [= childish taunting]."  That would make us not just sadistic but a big idiots. God is neither.

Then I /read) one of the principles writer/Pastor Charles F. Stanley has on his list of  "30 Life Principles" :  "God will move Heaven and Earth to let you know His will."
Then it suddenly hit me! ZOINK! "Well of course. God wants me to know His will. It's going to take a considerably longer time to 'get it done' if I have no idea what it is or my part in it". 

Perhaps I won't know the entire "big picture". Maybe God doesn't explain every detail to me of what He is doing. Maybe I wouldn't understand it if He did explain (even if He said it very slowly and had the aid of puppets). But once I wrapped my mind around the fact that God VERY much wants me to hear Him and be in on The Plan , things started to change for me. I set aside quiet time to actually listen and said a simple prayer, "Okay. I'm listening. What do you want me to do?" Then things in my relationship with Jesus and my Christianity started exploding. I discovered that God had a LOT to say to me. Like water from a fire hose He started communicating with me in both big and little ways.

If Rod Partington in his few years can have an impact on people across a continent, what will God's impact be on this world if we are simply quiet, listening, available and obedient?

I started this Fund Raising Campaign for Rod because I've spent a lot of time in hospitals and I know a little about the costs. I set up the Campaign thinking maybe someone would want to add something to the few bucks I was planning on sending. The first goal of only $500 (which I thought we'd never get near) was reached in 5  hours.  I once again realized I was limiting God plans in my attitude and actions. So God took over, others did their part and God got something done. (Oh. Why don't we always make things that simple?)

 With all the "Thanks you"s and gratitude the Partingtons are spreading around you'd think we had dedicated the remainder of our lives to carving Rod's face on Mount Rushmore.
 But we each gave what we could , from where we are and it made us feel good in the doing of it (which is usually what happens when we get in sync with God's will).
 I got much more "out" of it than anything I put "in" to it.


So I end this particular "God given task" with words that are becoming much more frequently said by me:
"It has been 'my pleasure'."

Love always, Laura-Lee 

P.S. There is another more detailed UPDATE at "GoFundMe" and this particular Campaign for Rod Partington will be closing by tomorrow. L-L