Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

November 01, 2013

Remembrance Day: Keep Your Poppy On

November 11 is approaching again and I am starting to see those little poppies to commemorate Remembrance Day  all over the place.

HOWEVER, as long as I've been alive (which is almost 5 decades) the poppies haven't changed much. I specifically refer to that little pin on that back that is supposed to hold them on to your jacket. How many times I've dropped and lost my poppy because that pin popped out?

In fact, I actually wrote to the "poppy people" once (many years ago) and asked them for a different way of attaching them to our coats. I got no response, so I don't think they were very impressed.

But since "necessity is the mother of invention", I have devised my own solution. And although it is highly classified, on a "need to know" basis and a Military Secret,  I'm making an exception for those of you who come to my blog. So listen very carefully.

And watch the video below:
(I took the time to type out the transcript of my video so that it could be Closed Captioned. So please click on the CC to view it that way.)