Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

June 22, 2013

HIDEOUS Speller - BEAUTIFUL Mind


I have never made a secret of the fact that I am a hideous speller. So I have a Spell Check on my Web browser AND I always hit the Spell Check that is connected to Blogger Posts AND I have another one attached to my computer to discern ALL that I write. That way I make sure that I'm covered 3 different ways.

But even with all my efforts I couldn't help but laugh at the lad who didn't know where to leave the comment to say he thought I was "a truly great writer but an atrocious speller". But you'll have to give me a break because sometimes the 3 Spell Checks can't even agree on how a word should be spelled and then I'm left up to my own devices. Also consider that the Americans, Canadians and British often spell the same word differently. (Like neighbour/neighbor or humor/humour) Then, when I throw in Biblical words like "mammon, jot and tittle" and my Spellchecks go on strike, what's a girl to do? But it's hard to be insulted by his comment when 1) it's the truth and 2) he thought I was "great writer".[sigh]

I suppose you will simply have to overlook  my spelling mistakes if you wish to continue enjoying my creative genius. Sometimes my excuse is simply that I've been typing for 4 hours or more and my fingers get tired and miss a key. An all important key!

Like the time I wrote: "all that I do, I do for my public" but missed the 'L' in the word 'Public'. Yes. My poor spelling isn't only hideous, it's down right embarrassing sometimes. Sow bee kind two me, aye have bean threw a lot.
 (BTW, that last sentence made it through all the spell checks)

~~ Laura-Lee