Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

August 01, 2013

Standing Firm

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything new but I'm still here and people are continuing to "accidentally" stumble onto my blog.

This last couple months have been difficult ones for me. I'm not just getting over Mom's death, but also the trauma of the past couple years which were extremely harsh for both of us. Mom and I would barely get our heads above water before another massive wave would hit us again and push us back under.  Sometimes I feel like a soldier who's been fighting in the trenches on the front lines and I've been granted some "R n R", only to discover I'm shell shocked.
The more I remember what Mom and I faced together, the more I'm realizing that Jesus was closer to us during all our troubles and heartaches than we even knew at the time. And during our final months together He impressed upon us a sense of urgency of time, so we never wasted a moment we had together. Arguments became unknown to us and we laughed enough for two lifetimes in only two years. God is good.

Yet sometimes it feels strange to be so desperately lonely for Mom, yet so fantastically joyful that she finally got rescued from her prison of sickness and pain. How do I  even begin to thank Jesus for all he's done? Every promise he's kept; every prayer answered; every weakness turned to strength. 
All these 35 years of knowing Jesus He's never broken a promise to us and that is what has allowed me to "stand firm" during this time.

 Thank you for continuing to be interested in my blogs and in me. And for your email messages, comments and especially your prayers, which have kept me going way past the point when I thought I would give up.

And a special message of appreciation to the wonderful lady who donated to Mom's charity, "Hope Mission", in memory of her. When you did that, Hope Mission sent me a card to inform me. It was the only one I received and it meant the world to me.  I'll remember you every day of my life for that gift you gave: to Hope Mission, to Mom and to me.

Love Laura-Lee