Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

March 14, 2013

Shhh. I'm Voting and it's a Secret (UPDATE)







In my original blog post of "Shhh. I'm Voting and it's a Secret", I stated how concerned I was that if we begin voting online or with electronic machines our votes will no longer be private, nor will they be safe from someone accesses the computer systems to tamper with the election results. (see original post entry)



Usual Way to Vote in Canada

However, I felt like I left everyone hanging. It's one thing to point out a problem, it's another thing to offer a solution.

Therefore, after consideration and research, I encourage you to write to the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, in order to make known your objection to this type of voting.

The best way to do this is to send a paper letter to our PM (especially because we are making the point that voting on paper is more secure).

Last time I Voting was through Machine

 
With this in mind, I have written two different letters to send to the Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, which you will find attached to this Blog Post.

Prime Minister of Canada
Stephen Harper
 
 




You can pick whichever one expresses your wishes best OR you can rearrange it to suit yourself, OR you can use it just as a basic outline for whatever you wish to say.
Stephen Harper

There are a couple things to keep in mind:

1) I made sure that the address to the PM is correct

2) the form of addressing the PM and signing off are also correct.



So all you have to do is:

*Print it out (right click on most computers)

* Put the date at the top

* Sign your name and your City and Province
      ( your entire address would be better, but your Name, City & Province is quite enough for it to be official)

* Address an envelope and

* pop it into the nearest mailbox

**Remember: No postage is needed to mail something to any Member of Parliament (or politician). That's the law!



New Way to Vote: VIA COMPUTER !?



LINKS to LETTERS to Prime Minister STEPHEN HARPER
 
 
I deeply hope you will do this. Throughout the past 30 years I have written many, many letters of objection (and recommendations) and they have a bigger effect than you can even imagine.

Once I wrote a letter about objectionable advertising on Vancouver City Buses. I found out later than only my letter and two others were received, but it was enough to have the advertisements taken down. So don't ever think you can't make a difference.
And nobody is effected by the mail they receive from the public more than a politician.

So print, sign and mail.

Love Laura-Lee