Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

September 06, 2024

Running YOUR Race

 


"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near.  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

(2 Timothy 4:7-8)


These words are from the last letter the Apostle Paul wrote from his prison cell while awaiting execution to young Pastor Timothy who had been as a son to him.


When I first read them many, many years ago , in my younger days, I pictured The Race as a Sprint and it caused me concern because I am short and my legs have never been good at sprinting.


Then, much later, I realized this Race was a Marathon, which was good because I actually excelled at Long Distance Running and have actually competed in it. I know how to  ration my strength,  focus my attention, and JUST KEEP GOING !


But now, as I come nearer to my last days, I realize it is also a RELAY Race and I need to pass on the Flame to another generation. 

Will what I have be WORTH passing on and will I find anybody ready to take the Torch and  "JUST KEEP GOING" too? 


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

(Hebrews 12:1-3)


The Truth with Love,

Always Laura-Lee  😌





LINK The Runner by Ian Thomas 🎶


LINK 'For Future Generations" by 4Him 🎶