Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

February 04, 2024

LEARNING by PLAYING 😃

 


I was relaxing watching YouTube and it recommended videos about throwing Boomerangs (I suppose because I was watching Australian 🇦🇺 stuff) and it reminded me of throwing a Frisbee (which also will come back to you if you throw it the right way).



I watched a couple of videos of the PROPER ways and techniques to throw a Frisbee. 🤔🧐 Then I thought,

 "Trust a grown-up to suck ALL the FUN out of something."

 After 10 MINUTES of them showing us different throwing  stances, various hand grips and techniques ... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH ... I couldn't hack it anymore and just Forwarded the video to the THROWING part.


You know my advise on how to learn to throw a FRISBEE? GO OUT and DO IT! (Preferably with some FRIENDS.)


Now, I'm not an Australian (I'm a Canadian 🍁), but I'm assuming it's the same for learning how to throw a BOOMERANG. Just go out and DO IT! (Preferably with your MATES.)


Our brains are amazing and will learn through trial and error and simply by doing things over and over. AND if you are having FUN at the same time, we learn even more quickly.


Now that I think about it that is a perfect life experience lesson to enhance the LIVE online sermon I was viewing today by Billy Crone from Sunrise Bible Church in Las Vegas. His talk was about the book of James in the Bible (The Bible is actually 66 small books in one volumn) how we need to be "DO-ers" of the Word of God not "HEAR-ers only".


"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. DO what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but DOING it—they will be blessed in what they do." (James 1:22-25) Emphasis mine.


BTW When I was a kid I had an awesome Frisbee. First a Red One, then a great promotional one. But I had to leave my toys behind when we ran away from Dad, then I was too poor to own a Frisbee. But kids always find a way to play.

I discovered that the plastic lid to a honey container (or any plastic lid) can also be used as a FRISBEE. 😊



JUMP for IT❗️🥏


The Truth with Love, 

 Always Laura-Lee 


"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, 'Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?'

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them.  And he said: 'Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.'" (Matthew 18:1-5)


LINK Billy Crone Live "Book of James" (Part 42)

LINK Get a Life Media (Billy Crone's Gig in his "spare time")


And here's your special treat for scrolling to the bottom of the page.

LINK "How to make a CARDBOARD Boomerang to PLAY with"