Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

August 21, 2023

Praise from the Pit

 




I was at Apple this morning and listening to   "All Creatures of Our God and King" by 4Him and decided to search out a REALLY OLD  classic (from the 1970s 😲😄😉) called  "Praise the Lord" by Chris Christian. That song holds a special place in my heart and memory. 







Mom and I were in her green Ford station wagon traveling down Broadway in Vancouver (BC, Canada 🇨🇦) in 1980 after just having a brush with serial killer Clifford Oleson (AKA. The Beast of British Columbia) and we were considerably shaken and more than a little "creeped out". I turned to Mom and whispered, "Mom, I feel afraid". She responded, "Me too, Laura-Lee. (pause) Let’s sing and praise the Lord."

So we sang "Praise the Lord" together.

I asked Mom, "What does it mean, 'Our God inhabits praise'? Praise is an action. Something we do. That makes it a verb. How can God live in a verb?"


"I don't know. (pause) But I suppose we will find out someday."


The beautiful irony is that at the exact moment I was asking the question God was demonstrating the answer. His Presence was tangible in that car and our fears melted away.

Through these many years with Jesus, time and time again I have felt the tangible presence of Jesus when I praised Him in the pits of life. Pits of suffering. Pits of grief. Pits of despair and loneliness and the one I am the most familiar with, the pit of FEAR!

Just like Paul and Silas praised Jesus after being beaten and thrown into a Roman jail (for the crime of telling people about Jesus) and experienced miracles, wonder-Full things await those who praise the Lord from the Pits.🥹


The Truth with Love,

Always Laura-Lee ✝️🇨🇦


LINK Paul and Silas in Prison


LINK "I Will Praise the Lord" music video of Paul and Silas (by Ray Boltz)








NOTE that Apple now considers songs about Jesus as "Explicit" content and puts up an  E  as a warning.