Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

March 14, 2022

POEM: I Am My Own Best Dream

 



I Am My Own Best Dream


My life may be shredded and in tatters,

but in my heart I know I am ALL that matters.


You are not my sunshine. How can you be?

MY sun eclipses, MY “moon” bigger than the sea.


Yes. “I gotta’ be me. I gotta’ be free”.

How can I stand being so very pretty?


Why should I look at you and spend the time,

when I can look at myself. I am SO fine!


I master my destiny! I’m a one-man team! (sorry “one-person”)

I strive to be a World-Wide meme.


I’m so past gender. That’s not where it’s at.

I’m so fluid I am now a cat.


In front of my mirror I primp and preen,

to make myself “my own best dream”.


Yet I still feel lonely and it does seem,

that perhaps I need a BETTER dream.






Greater love has no man than this, that he would lay down his life for a friend.” (John 15:13)


by Laura-Lee Rahn

Alberta, CANADA, 2022.


#LauraLeeWasHere

#CanadaMOTHERGoose



We are all living in very desperate and lonely times and I don't mean to belittle or mock anyone's suffering. I only hope to point you to the reason for it in the deep hope you will ultimately find a way out.

Truth, with Love,
Always, Laura-Lee