Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

February 16, 2020

God's Stuff, Good Stuff and Free Stuff




I don’t know if I can keep up with the pace the Lord is setting. I’m not physically moving that much, but He keeps requiring me to use my brain and I’m being daily freaked out and astonished by God’s presence and miracles. These things can be quite tiring.





I’ve been doing lots of writing this week. I thought I was writing in order to enter a Creative Writing competition at a Goodreads group, but when I finished the first one it was way too long. So I tried writing a different story. It ended up going outside the rules of the competition. And while I was trying to think of a third story to actually enter into the competition, a poem came shooting out of me.  You will be reading all of them at some point. I finally did managed to write a story that I entered into the competition and once the voting is over, I’ll be able to share that with you as well.


Also, you may remember that a couple weeks ago we had our first Guest Contributor at the Master’s Peace Theatre blog. I had posted my story, Broken Glass,that was in a competition and also posted, "Finding You" by Leyla K. C.. which was the other top story in the “History: You Were There” Competition. It ended up that my story, "Broken Glass" won over her story, Finding You. By one vote! But that seemed to me like a great enough victory to tease Leyla about. Until I discovered that she actually voted for me. Then I decided I had gloated enough. But I should mention that I have an eye on another one of her stories and she tells me that she has one that I haven’t seen yet that she is willing to let me post too. 





 From the initial wonderful reaction to her first story at Master’s Peace Theatre, I had an epiphany. I started thinking about the YA (Young Adult) genre. It has absolutely exploded and a good part of that is because not only young people are reading these books. Plus, it’s a catch all genre for all sorts of different types of stories. From romance and Coming of Age to Fantasy to Mysteries and on and on. Then I did some research and discovered that there weren’t that many blogs for Young Adults. And barely none at all for Young Adult Christians. Very few young people are into blogging and when they do have a blog it’s usually about gaming or in a diary/format. It’s mostly the older people (30 and above) who do the majority of blogging and when they do blog, it’s usually as a way to promote something that they are selling. For example, a blog about Bible Journalling will have a link for you to go and purchase journalling supplies.. So to have a blog that is strictly to post creative writing is not that common. And it seems like the Lord wants the Master’s Peace Theatre blog to be for readers of all ages. Which includes YA stories too. Thus we will continue to highlight other writers from all genres and all ages.
With that in mind, let me begin to get you pumped for next week’s Guest Contributor, author Werner Lind .


I came across Werner Lind several years ago when I was wondering if there was such a thing as a Vampire story written by a Christian. I searched high and low and found none. I suppose because it would be a marketing nightmare for a publisher. The Christians don’t want to read about vampires and the non-Christians don’t want to have a bunch of Bible in their vampire stories. But I kept hunting and behold I discovered the book "Lifeblood" and its author, Werner Lind. It is very much a vampire story. A fast paced, spooky and funny one with a bunch of Christians running around in it. ("Lifeblood"is currently on sale for $3.04 USD at Amazon Kindle if you want to take advantage of it's temporary low price?)
The story swept me up and I read it in a few hours during one sitting. I was so impressed with the story that I wrote a “fan” letter to it’s author. The good old fashioned way with paper and a pen. And Mr. Lind was kind enough to write back to me. And that is the last time I will refer to him as Mr. Lind in this post, because I am so honored to be able to count him as one of my closest and dearest friends. We have spent years corresponding to each other and I now consider Werner and his wife and entire family (who I refer to as the Lindettes) as part of my own family. With that in mind and a minimal amount of hinting and whining, Werner let me have his short story, "Laura's Choice" to post at the Master’s Peace Theatre blog. It will be posted there in the coming week, so you'll want to watch for that too.                                                                                                              
(He didn’t actually name the story after me, but that doesn’t stop me from believing that he did.)





But for this week, you will be getting a story from me. So you can head over to the Master’s Peace Theatre blog now and read, "The Right Questions" and then next week I will post "Laura’s Choice". Then we can look forward to another story by Leyla K.C. in the near future and a few other things I have up my sleeve that I suspect are part of God's plan for the Master's Peace Theatre blog.


Right now I have another post on this blog which includes the poem, "This I Know" Poem and Family Day Post. (the one I mentioned near the top of this post).The post you are reading right now is all about all the various things you can enjoy and read, but I wanted to write something a bit more personal in honor of the Sabbath and because Monday, February 17th is “Family Day” in most provinces in Canada. Including my own province of Alberta.


But before I sign off from here, I have listed below links to ebooks for Kindle that I discovered are currently FREE on Amazon. So you need to go right now and download them. I have just downloaded them myself so I haven’t read them yet, but they are all Christian books and they all have an above 4 out of 5 star rating. This is my little treat for you having scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the post. (It may actually be better than a picture of MONTY, my cat. But don’t tell him I said that.)





I hope to be posting throughout this coming week. And if you want to keep track of what’s going on at my other blogs, it’s always a good idea to come here first. I consider “Laura-Lee Was Here” as my blog Home. This is the one that all the others revolve around. My personal place on the internet that you are always welcome at. Just as if you were a visitor in my real life home.


I hope you’ll bounce around with all the links and take advantage of the benefits and good stories. Please make yourself at home and help yourself to whatever I have. And I hope you’ll come back again for another visit. This is where I “keep it real”. That’s what we old folks used to say in the 70s when the hippies were running loose and inflicting paisley on an unsuspecting world. And usually orange paisley. They were hard times.


Hope the rest of your weekend is good and thanks for stopping by again. You are always welcome here.