Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

October 24, 2016

What is Jewish Holiday "Feast of Sukkot"? (Happening Now)



"... taste and see that the Lord is good"  Psalm 34:8


The verse at the top of the page has been repeating in my mind for almost two weeks.
 I have a young cousin who just became 1 year old. 
When he was born I sent flowers and wished him a "colorful" life. This year my prayer for him was the above verse from the Bible.
Little did I know it is also a key verse  in the Jewish Feast of Sukkot  (aka Feast of Tabernacles), which is currently being celebrated.



So when I went to research what Sukkot was all about and immediately came upon that Scripture first off, "BANG!", once again I knew that the LORD was speaking to me and guiding me.

What is interesting about all the Feasts in the Old Testament of the Bible is that each one is a prophetic foreshadowing of something Jesus would do. Or something he still will do. (Like coming back again to set up a "new heaven and a new earth")

When I discovered that "foreshadowing" fact is when I became interested  in ALL the Jewish Feast days and started celebrating them, although I don't celebrate them in the same way as orthodox Jewish people do but in my own special, "Laura-Lee" way. (I bet you're wondering what THAT is like)

If you want to know more about SUKKOT (aka. Feast of Tabernacles) read Leviticus, chapter 23 in the Old Testament of the Bible. 
(Follow LINK Below if you don't own a Bible)
Leviticus 23 at "Bible Gateway" Website

You can also follow the Link below and read the article, which will not only put you "in the know",  but will also make you hungry (if you're anything like me).

"SUKKOT: A Promise of Living Water" (Jews for Jesus Website)



Thank you for stopping by and I hope and pray that you will have a good week.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee  


(Below is the LINK to the site "Jews for Jesus", which has been very helpful to me for explaining many things that we Gentiles are clueless about)
http://jewsforjesus.org/ HOMEPAGE