Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

April 03, 2015

Set Another Place at the Table

I wrote the poem "The Night Mom Passed Away"  in only a few minutes as I was remembering that horrible/wonderful night.
 
I was surprised to understand that Death is allowed only the briefest moments to do it's work and open the door from this world into the next, but remains enslaved to God the entire time. The ultimate foe conquered completely by Jesus.

The apostle Paul understood that when he wrote:

"Where, O death is your victory?
Where, O death is your sting?"  (1 Corinthian 15:55)

By paraphrasing the Old Testament:

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave.
I will redeem them from death"  (Hosea 13:14)


It is so apropos that this should be my first post back and I offer it in honor of Aunt Terry.  I was going to mail this poem to her, but she ended up living it before I had the chance and understands it all much better than I do now.

(So difficult to wait with my body in this world but my heart and citizenship in yours ).

Love Laura-Lee

Poem: THE NIGHT MOM PASSED AWAY