Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

November 17, 2011

Safe

“Help! Help! Can somebody hear me?!
I’m over here. Hanging from the cliff. HELLLP!!!”
“I’m here. I’m here.”
“Help me. I’m falling. Please help me. I’m tired. What do I do?”
“Grab onto my hand.”
“I can’t I’ll fall.”
“Just hang on with one hand and reach to me with the other.”
“ I can’t reach up that far.”
“You won’t have to. I’ll grab you’re hand as soon as you let go and it’s free. On three. Okay? 1 – 2- 3. GOTCHA !
“ I’m still slipping. My hands are sweaty. No, no. Help, help , help me, I don’t … Ahhhhh. I’m gonna fall! I’m gonna fall !”
STOP. LOOK AT ME. No don’t look down. Look at me.”
“I can’t hold on anymore. I’m slipping. I’m tired. Nothing more to do. I’m ahhhhh … --- HUH! What the …? “
“Here you go. Safe and sound on high ground.”
“How did you do that? I was slipping . I was falling. I was too tired to hang on any more. I was sure I was a goner.”
“Maybe you had to let go of me, but I was never going to let go of you. You never would have fallen. You just didn’t know it. You didn’t realize how strong I am and that I wouldn’t have left. You were safe the whole time.”
“ The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
(Deuteronomy 31:9)