Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

April 21, 2010

LARGE PRINT BIBLE

Yes. It has finally happened. I bought my first Large Print Bible. I suppose that means I am getting old (not just older). However, when I did open up my new Bible, it was wonderful to not have to squint. I didn't realise that I had been avoiding my Bible because it was giving me a bit of a headache to read it. I know you think I should just go get a pair of glasses, but I've already got a pair because I can't see things far away. So it would mean bi-focals. And if a large print Bible makes me feel old, then I don't think bi-focals are going to make me feel young. But having to have glasses sitting on my nose for a long period of time also gives me a headache. So, for now, I have solved the problem the best (and least painful) way that I can. I'm glad I put my pride away, admitted my age and found the answer to the problem. It's good to be able to see God's words of encouragement, love and even discipline up close and personal again. Just like my relationship with Jesus: up close and personal.
 "Charm and beauty are fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised." Proverbs 31.  Let the wrinkles and grey hair come, I'll stick with Jesus through whatever it takes. And if taking a few hits to my vanity is the beginning... then so be it. (translation: "Amen")