Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

June 15, 2021

IN HONOR OF PRIDE MONTH (June)

 



I usually don't come online so early but this morning when I looked out my window at the new dawn there was a massive rainbow in the sky after last night's big storm. I haven't seen a real rainbow in quite a while and I had forgotten what they really looked like. As I viewed this one that stretched from horizon to horizon across the big, Alberta sky I was struck by it's majesty and how many different colors it had. It ran the gamut of the ENTIRE color spectrum. I found the strip of mauve most beautiful. (Always Mom's favorite color.)

As I opened my Bible I was led right to Psalm 57 which says:

"I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;

    I will sing of you among the peoples.

 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;

    your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;

    let your glory be over all the earth.

The first sentence was a promise God made to me as a teenager in the 1980s. I had no idea how He would fulfill it because I'd never been out of Canada and the internet was still a long way off in the future. But God ALWAYS keeps His promises and the rainbow is a Biblical symbol of that.

As I see all the LGBTQ rainbows around me I see what a pathetic, lesser copy they are of the real deal. Just a cheap, human rendering.

Let me encourage all you young people, especially those pre-teens and teenagers who are confused about who and what you are. Before you take puberty-blockers or submit to gender reassignment surgery consider that you are just those in a long line of teenagers who were confused before you, but these feelings will pass if you just wait it out. Please don't harm yourselves or do anything you cannot reverse later. You are being lied to by adults with hidden political agendas. Seek out your parents' advice. They are NOT the enemy you were led to believe they are.

Also remember that God's ways aren't just good but the BEST and as wonderful as creation is ,YOU are the pinnacle of it and God's masterpiece just as you are. How you were made has purpose. It is neither an error nor an accident.

"So God created mankind in his own image,

    in the image of God he created them;

    male and female he created them."

Genesis 1:27 

Speaking the truth with love,

Always, Laura-Lee


PS. And to those of you who hate God, hate me and hate everything I just said, for your consideration I declare another portion from Psalm 57.

"I  cry out to God Most High,
    to God, who vindicates me.
He sends from heaven and saves me,
    rebuking those who hotly pursue me—[c]
    God sends forth his love and his faithfulness.

They dug a pit in my path—
    but they have fallen into it themselves."