Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

January 21, 2021

Screen Door Discipline




"Come on, Laura. Let's go explore!"

 "Okay. Right behind you. Bye, Mom! I'm going exploring with Tim."

"Okay, Dear. Just don't slam the [SLAM] ... door."



 



"Laura-Lee come back here!"

"I can't. Tim's waiting. We're going exploring!"


"Laura-Lee, come back here."

"Yes, Mom?"

"You know you're not supposed to slam the door."

"Yes, Mom. I just forgot."


"Hmm. You forgot. Well, I want you to open and shut the screen door ten times gently to help you remember for next time."

"But I can't. Tim is waiting."

"Your brother will wait. Do as I say."

"Yes, Mom."


"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."

"I'm done, Mom! Bye!"


"Laura-Lee come here again."

"But, but, Tim is ..."

"Laura-Lee!"

"Yes, Mom?"


"Here are some cookies for you and your brother. Exploring can be hungry work. Now off you go and don't forget to take the dogs along too."


  


(Smooch)

"Thank you, Mom."

"Wait for me! I'm coming!"



It's okay to submit to discipline depending on whom you are submitting to.

Speaking (and remembering) the truth with love,

Always, Laura-Lee



"The Lord disciplines those he loves,

    as a father the son he delights in" (Proverbs 3:12)


"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."  (Hebrews 12:11)