Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

July 25, 2020

A Day of Peace in a Slanty Bed





"Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!"  Psalm 34:8
When you discern how huge God is and how great is His love it will lead you to peace. The kind of peace that goes beyond desperate circumstances because you know personally the Prince of peace. On that day you will be able to truly rest. Not just once a week but it will permeate every moment and aspect of your lives. That is my ultimate prayer for you. 





But for now, I encourage you to "shut down" for one day of the week. To turn off the technology, the noise and lay aside your worries, which unfortunately will probably all still be there later, and set apart a day for rest. It is another piece of evidence of God's knowledge of and love for us that He has made resting a commandment.  And so in resting you can be sure you are doing God's will, which can often be difficult to discover.



And if you are saying, "How can I find any way to relax when the whole world seems to have gone insane?"
Let me suggest opening up the Bible. If you don't have some dusty copy in your home somewhere, holding up the corner of a bed or being used as a doorstop, then there are literally dozens of Bible apps. In those pages, which are so easy to understand that even a child can do it (including my eleven-year-old self) you will find wonderful stories that will demonstrate God's character and how He interacts with people. Then His peace will begin to wash over you, almost like a side effect. Now, isn't that worth a banging door or a sloping bed?

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Speaking the truth, with love, 
Laura-Lee



UPDATE

I kid you not. I wrote and published this post on Saturday night. On Sunday (as is my usual practice), I watched the latest Charles Stanley sermon recommended to me on YouTube. The following video is what I saw.  

It is based on the three verses in my post. Philippians 4, John 14, and Romans 8. Dr. Stanley expounds on each and everything I said. The difference is, he tells you exactly how to go about getting the peace I only alluded to. I can't help but agree with everything he says because they are the EXACT things I said. 

Jesus obviously has something to say to those of you who visit this blog and I humbly (and with amazement) yield to our Heavenly Father. Love LL

The Key to Continuing Peace - Dr. Charles Stanley