Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

July 01, 2024

Canada (Simplified)

 



I had plans to make several posts throughout the day to extol the virtues of my beautiful country on this, her birthday, but those plans were quickly thwarted by the  government which is in complete control of our media.


Some posts were removed after only a few minutes, some had portions of them blocked and others I wasn't allowed to post at all. So I have retreated to my last line of defense on the internet, my personal blog, to share my simple insights and feelings about my country.


So, how old is Canada today, Laura-Lee?”

πŸ€”

Well, that's a good question but the answer will differ depending on whom you are talking to.


The English people in the east believe Canada started with a document called “The British North American Act” (aka. BNA Act).

If you ask a French Canadian they would not agree with that. Those of us in western Canada believe Canada only became Canada when ALL ten Provinces and two Territories were united.

And our dozens of indigenous tribes all have their separate ideas depending on how far back they can trace their heritage.


But as we all bicker about the date of our birth I think most of us will agree on one thing, we are deeply fortunate and blessed to call this beautiful, majestic place our home.


Americans refer to their country as a “Melting Pot”, Canada has been referred to as a “Salad Bowl” but I think of us as a large “crazy” quilt. We are made up of bits and pieces and scraps of material left over, but put us together and you create something lovely, practical and warm.





I wish to dedicate this post to the tens of thousands of Canadians who have fled Canada in the last few years in order to attempt to secure a better future for themselves in another country. 

As you longingly turn your eyes home today remember that being a Canadian is not WHERE you live but WHO you are and that can never be taken from you.


Let us STAND together again as we sing our national anthem.


We STAND on guard for Thee!”


LINK "O, CANADA" with Words πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦


The Truth with Love,

Always Laura-Lee


I don't do this often, but if you are a Canadian, or know a Canadian, please consider Sharing this post (buttons at the bottom or copy/paste link) because we could certainly use the encouragement and to know we are not alone in our vast country.

Thank you, kindly.”



Benton Fraser (from the TV show, “Due South”) explains Canada in only 60 seconds.

LINK Due South (Benton explains Canada)

Country singer, Paul Brandt, sings about … HOCKEY, eh? (What else is there?)


LINK "I Was There" by Paul Brandt 🎢🎸



(Like a breath on the Winter air)  GAME  ON !


In 1972 when I was just six years old (Oops! πŸ™Š Accidentally outed my age on the internet again) I gained my Hockey moniker playing street hockey with my older brother and boys in the neighbourhood.

The MENACE❗️🀨


(my hockey stick was twice as tall as I was) πŸ˜†πŸ˜„πŸ€£