Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

October 09, 2026

In the Eye of the Storm (Poem)



(You know what I always demand  suggest.

Poetry must  should be read out loud.) 😊



In the Eye of the Storm

By Laura-Lee Rahn



 "In the eye of the storm a torn sail flies,

On a rugged ship beneath ghostly skies.

The masthead groans, the timbers creak

While all around the tempest shrieks.


Waves of foam like mountains tall,

Threaten to eat and swallow all.

Yet gripping tight to the sturdy helm

One man stands not overwhelmed


In vessels’ steel, he trusteth not

Metal rusts and wood can rot

His haggard face veils a Holy Force

Knowing the Master of the Wind sets his course."



Love,

Always Laura-Lee 

(Edmonton Alberta 2026)


🌊

"I know the Master of the Wind. 

I know the Maker of the Rain.

He can calm the storm.

Make sun shine again."

(Classic old Gospel song) πŸ€—


✝️

"He [Jesus] got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

"He said to his disciples, 'Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?'

They were terrified and asked each other, 'Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!'”.

Mark 4:39-41



☘️☘️🌹🌹☘️☘️

* Thanks to Ryan Stevenson for inspiring me with a great song, which is your treat for scrolling to the bottom.

"EYE of the STORM" by Ryan Stevenson 🎢



...and all my love to Jesus for getting me through a LIFETIME of storms and  for never abandoning me, even when I shipwrecked myself.  


πŸŒΏπŸ‚


πŸ€³πŸ€”

I asked the AI if  it could generate an image of my poem. They all came out so bleak and dark until I said, "You gotta throw some sunlight on this Dude. He's supposed to be feeling sure he'll get through."

It's not the image I had in mind but ... 🀷‍♀️

What do you think of it? Was it what you had in  your mind when reading my poem?