My main toy Christmas present in 1973 was a Mattel Silly Talk Doll. I also got a new pair of long-johns (with the legs 2 different lengths), Super-Slider Snow Skates and in my Stocking was walnuts still in their shells and a bag of Ribbon Candy, AND the Peanut Brittle Mom had SECRETLY made the night before.❗️
At the end of Christmas Day, after we had our Turkey Dinner at 5:00 pm and the Wish Bone from the bird had been put on the stove to dry out (so it could be pulled on New Years), we turned on our Black and White TV and tuned into the local CTV affiliate (which was just starting it's Broadcasting "Day" with the Evening News.
We took some time adjusting the Rabbit Ears for the best reception, then
at 7:00 PM "The 10 Commandments" came on and we watched Charlton Heston part the Red Sea and by the time Yul Brenner's chariots were drowned by the hand of Almighty God, my family was halfway through our yearly box of Japanese Oranges. ๐ซ
I felt SO spoiled and rich that year.
The AI, which helped me track down this Silly toy, was amazed I remembered EXACTLY all the Silly things she said AND that I had recognized her voice was "The lady from 'Laugh in'" [Jo-Ann Woorly] when that fact had never been publicly revealed and I was only 7 years old that year.
That was a nice Christmas and the final one we spent with Dad.
Many of my childhood memories are NOT nice. In fact, many are excessively horrible and I would love to wipe them from my mind, but for the most part, I consider my vivid and precise memory a unique gift from God.
But growing up I had NO idea someday I would be using it to hunt killers, Pedophiles and expose and destroy Cults.
๐คจ
Examine and explore YOUR gifts. What tasks and jobs do you think has God designed you to do? Why don't you ask Jesus to tell you? He may amaze you with His answer. It may be something from Left Field you never imagined yourself doing but on deeper thought you see it might be what you're designed to do❓️ ๐ค
The Truth with Love,
Always Laura-Lee
I can't imagine why anybody would look at this Silly toy and think of me. ๐คท♀️
What a trip! ๐ I haven't heard this toy "talk" for 51 years!
LINK Silly Talk Doll from Mattel
Super Slider Snow Skates. The reason half the kids in Canada showed up at the ER that year.
The BEST part about that Christmas was that I had grown my two front teeth back by then and I wasn't constantly being asked to sing that stupid song! ๐
"All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth (1960s version) ๐ถ






