Laura-Lee Was Here

Laura-Lee Was Here

August 28, 2026

"MY Way or the HIGH Way"(Who's Rules Do.You Live By?))



When I was 4 years old in 1970 (Oops❗️🫒 I accidentally outed my age on the internet again) my entire family, (including several extended family members) had gathered in our living around the TV to watch a performance by Frank Sinatra "Live from the Royal Festival Hall." This was the first time any of us had heard him sing, "My Way", which later became Sinatra's signature song.




Go watch it now on YouTube then come back and we'll discuss it.

I'll wait. 

πŸ•°πŸ™‚

Frank Sinatra Live 1970 'My Way"


The Grown-ups in the room loved it. They gushed on about his performance for several minutes finally uniting on one main word to describe it.

"POWERFUL!"


Mom said to me,

 "You are being unusually quiet, Laura-Lee. What do you think about the song?"


"It only works if you're Frank Sinatra."


My Uncle Harvey asked, "What does that mean?"


(I paused for a moment to gather my 4 year old thoughts.)


"Well (pause), if you're just a regular guy with a regular job and you are doing it all your way, you're going to get fired.

And (pause) if you're a little kid and you do everything your way you'll probably get a spanking.

So... " 🀷‍♀️ and left my conclusion hanging thinking it was self-evident, but my brother turned to me and said.

""So? So what?"


"So. Doing it 'My Way' only works  IF .. you  are  ... FRANK ... SINATRA!" πŸ˜„

Jim and Mom seemed to appreciate my insightful wisdom and humor which was apparently completely lost  πŸ™…‍♀️ on the rest of my family because I got no Kudos and even less smiles.

(Who can figure out Grown-ups? πŸ’‍♀️)


For more than 50 years I have watched this entire philosophy take over western civilization. Each individual thinking about themselves first and "Looking out for number ONE!" ☝️Of course "Number ONE" being themselves.

Common sense says "We can't ALL be 'Number ONE'  but other belief systems, like Evolution, come along, tell us we are just animals ("Naked Apes") and inserts, "survival of the fittest".

The workaholic Yuppies (Young Urban Professionals) from the 1980s, who were just about money, twisted the Golden Rule from the Bible into, 

"He who has the MOST gold makes the Rules".


It all makes me think of the book of Judges in the Bible when Israel had no kings and "everyone did what was right in his own eyes".

(JUDGES 17:6 and 21:25)


Those were days of chaos, lawlessness and extreme violence and now, with the return of SELF-centered Me-first living, we have again a society of chaos, lawlessness and extreme violence. However, THIS time we have WAY more people and WAY better weapons.


Let's get practical!❗️

There's the problem now what is the solution❓️


It comes in the form of  one of those Attitude Adjustments that are simple but not much fun.

πŸ˜–

" You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

Romans 6:18


Paul actually begins the letter to the Romans by identifying himself as,

"Paul, a slave to Jesus Christ ..."

Romans 1:1


The Apostle Simon Peter likewise refers to himself as a "servant" or "slave".

As do several other of Jesus's Apostles, Disciples and Followers.


They were not able to live with this servant/slave mindset because it flowed from their extreme holiness and rabid sainthood naturally, but from their many and intimate moments with Jesus himself.


"Just as the Son of Man [Jesus] did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Matthew 20:28


We become like the people we spend the most time around. You wish to become like Jesus? Spend more time with Him.

Simple. πŸ’‍♀️


But what ISN'T simple is trying to exist daily next to this evil mess which we planted decades ago with our self-indulgent deeds.


I don't have a solution to fix all of society only encouragement as we walk daily through it trying to survive.


We must become the servants of Jesus and we must LOOK FORWARD to the time when Jesus will be (very much) ruling and reigning from right here on earth.


"Here is my SERVANT whom I uphold,

    my chosen one in whom I delight;

I will put my Spirit on him,

    and he will bring justice to the nations.

2 He will not shout or cry out,

    or raise his voice in the streets.

3 A bruised reed he will not break,

    and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.

In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;

4     he will not falter or be discouraged

till he establishes justice on EARTH.

    In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”

Isaiah 42:1-4


This WILL happen because God NEVER breaks His Promises and they are worth living for and longing for.


As for Frank Sinatra...? πŸ’‍♀️


Sorry, Frankie! You   (and your hard drinking, fast living "Rat Pack")   got it WRONG❗️πŸ”΄ (no matter how "powerful" you sang it). 🀨


The (OMNIpowerful) 

Truth

 with Love,

Always Laura-Lee 


☘️☘️🌹🌹☘️☘️


Now your treat for scrolling to the end of this difficult post.

Share a 1990s memory with me.

Picture it❗️Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

A "Sold Out" Margaret Becker concert.

A young woman in her 20s (Oops❗️🫒Accidentally outed ...

"Yes, yes. Let's get on with it, Laura-Lee! "😑)


My, my, aren't you cranky. You need to dance around and Praise the Lord like we all did that night so long ago.

Margaret did this song as an encore. It is hard to locate (Apple/iTunes has never had it) but some lovely person put it on YouTube years ago.


"I COMMIT'  by Margaret Becker.

🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢

"I say this simply with no regrets I was born to testify.

THERE'S NO SHAME IN BEING YOUR SERVANT.

IT'S THE HIGHEST CALL IN LIFE☝️❗️

Still I need to remind myself

That I'm happiest on my knees

When I am thanking You for who You are

and all that You've done for me."


Link Margaret Becker I Commit YouTube music video


 

"I Commit. (clap clap clap) πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I Commit. (clap clap clap)"πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘


πŸ˜ŽπŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί


BTW Here’s the REAL "Golden Rule" spoken by Jesus during His Sermon on the Mount [of Olives].